Thursday, December 10, 2009

emailed September 17, 2009

My sister-in-law has begun her holiday shopping. She’ll be done before Halloween. I swear. And she will wrap up the wrapping by Thanksgiving. It’s not like she has lots of time on her hands, either. She’s married, owns a home, works full-time and has a significant commute to boot. And it’s not like she’s living in some wintery clime where you can’t help but have visions of sugarplums starting October first. She is a Southerner.

I’m not in holiday mode yet, for sure. I killed a mosquito at my desk this morning. And injured myself slightly in the process. Hey, it’s still sandal weather here in beautiful Orange County, NC. I mean, I’m still drinking cold, refreshing white wine in the evenings. In the air conditioning!

The holiday season seems to sneak up on me every year. But you shouldn’t let it catch you off guard. We have over 50 new items, including our new beautiful, functional eco-conscious Greenophile line, featuring bamboo, jute and recycled glass. Some great gift ideas include the wildly popular Vinturi, the Vinomatico Rechargeable (!) Corkscrew and the Stiletto Cork Extractor, several stunning new Decanter styles, and the fantastic new Kevin Zraly’s Windows on the World Complete Wine Course. Absinthe spoons, sparkling doorknob-sized glass Show Stoppers and an array of corkscrews make perfect stocking-stuffers.

Our holiday-themed stoppers and gift bags are in limited supply and going fast. Hmm. Looks like someone is on the ball. Feel free to contact me regarding availability.

All new items are expected in stock by October 15, and many are already here. I’m taking pre-orders now. Please refer to the new Vintage 2009 ½ catalogue, which you should have received at the beginning of this month. You can also view our products online at www.oenophilia.com (new website coming very, very soon!). If only killing those damn mosquitoes were that easy.

A

No comments: